Katy Thomas, Development Director for ART 180, is spreading the word about a special cookbook that ART 180 needs your help in putting together.
I wanted to let you know about a community cookbook that ART 180 is creating and we’d love for you to be a part of it. If you are not sure about what we do at ART 180 and want to learn more, check us out or you can just stroll down to the Family Resource Center, across from Jumpin’ Js, and see our mural that was created by young people at The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club.
We are looking for a special recipe you would like to share for possible inclusion in our cookbook. It doesn’t have to be an original recipe, just one that you cherish and want to share. In keeping with the part of our mission about “sharing our stories with others,” we’d also like to include a personal story related to the recipe….why it’s special to you.
- Is it something your family has passed down through the generations? Tell us something about your family’s history in relation to the dish.
- Is it a recipe your holiday would be incomplete without? Tell us about your family’s holiday experience.
- Do you have a home garden and the recipe uses your own fresh produce? Tell us about your garden.
- Is it your favorite recipe to serve when you entertain? Tell us some stories about how you entertain or why you like to entertain.
- Is it a quick and easy recipe that always gets great reviews? Tell us why you think people like the dish.
- Is it a recipe you like to make with your children? Tell us about that experience.
- Whether the recipe is for a special diet (vegetarian, vegan, diabetic)
- The category that best fits your submission.(appetizers, soups and salads, main dishes, desserts, breakfast foods, snacks, food for children, etc.)
- The ingredients, with exact measurements.
- The specific instructions, including cooking temperatures and times.
Let us know the best way to reach you if we have questions about your submission. Thank you in advance for sharing your recipes and your stories. We would like to receive all submissions by MAY 18, 2007.
Our goal is 180 recipes from individuals, restaurants and small business owners who share a connection to ART 180.We can’t guarantee we’ll include them all if we get a gazillion (or 50 deviled egg submissions), but we welcome them all.
Please email your recipe, and your story, to email@example.com. If possible send it as an attached Word document, or some format that can be edited.
TAGGED: ART 180