Recent and upcoming code violations due to appear in court. [via]
In North Side General District Court on January 23:
308 North 21 Street / Christina Pitts (Parker)
- Charges: one USBC 105.1 unfit/unsafe violation
- Result: plea agreement, $2500 all suspended for three years and an order to abate in six months.
- Condition of Property: Ms. Pitts abated the 105.1 violation by demolishing the structure, which since the address is in an historic district was itself a violation. She says that her intent is to replace what was demolished.
916 & 918 North 36 Street / Carlton Jackson (Graham)
- Charges: six debris and vegetation violations
- Result: The CAPS Asst. City Attorney elected to dismiss because the violations are abated and the city did not have firm evidence that Mr. Jackson is the person in control of the corporation that is the owner of record for these properties.
- Condition of Property: These are two vacant lots, now abated.
1310 North 24 Street / Shelia E. Richardson (Marcoyiannakis)
- Charges: three building code violations and one vegetation charge
- Result: Judge Hairston agreed with the defendant’s motion that the charges should be dismissed as the violations are now abated, and Ms. Richardson is the executor of the estate (and not an “owner”).
- Condition of Property: abated
February 20 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ North Side General District Court
509 North 35 Street Willie A Coles / McNamara
March 7 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ John Marshall Circuit Court (0900)
1010 North 30 Street Lee Andrew Gaines / Hurt & Prince
May 22 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ North Side General District Court
3101 East Broad Street Delores L & Jonathan McQuinn / McNamara
July 31 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ North Side General District Court
16-24 N. 31st Street Carl Scott / Bridgman