From Mary Anne’s comment:
After reading all of the posts, it sounds as if you really want to do something about this dangerous dog issue. I’ve got a suggestion – please visit this link, read the 12 animal welfare bills and lend your support – all it takes is a phone call or an email to hold these negligent pet owners accountable. (Note: the link has contact names, numbers, and email at the bottom. — John M.)
The following bills will be voted on the week of 1/29/07:
- Rabies Surcharge (HB2295 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Del. McClellan, which would raise funding for spay/neuter programs.
- On Monday, 1/29/07, the Senate Ag Committee will hear SB930, the humane investigator bill (Sen. Ticer), and SB1345, the reporting of suspected dog fighting bill (Sen. Lambert).
The bills that failed in committee b/c of lack of public pressure:
- Tethering (HB2098 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Del. Kenny Alexander – as we all know, tying a dog up & leaving it to live on the end of a chain in the backyrd creates unsocialized, crazy and potentially dangerous dogs!!! we had our chance and blew it on this one)
- Humane Education (HJR567 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Del. Kenny Alexander)
- Pet Dealer Permits (HB3195 Del. Clay Athey)
Please do your part and make a call or two to your representatives. Thank you!