George Hatchett, 80, died this morning in a house fire at 33rd and Clay Streets. [via][via]
Investigators say a gas stove sparked the fire at a home on North 33rd Street last month. Fire officials believe William Hackett, 81, accidentally caught his clothes on fire on that stove. He woke his wife and told her to get out before he was killed in the blaze. [via]
Gas stove ignited clothes of victim: “William Hackett, 81, had been cooking breakfast in the upstairs apartment of his home at 425 N. 33rd St., Lt. Keith Vida, an assistant fire marshal and department spokesman, said yesterday.”
Fire hits same house again. No one was hurt in the fire as the house is currently vacant. Per NBC 12 http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?s=9400530
I’d like to thank the fire fighters for their professionalism and cleaning up after the fire was put out. The police officer who set the flares on 33rd left some trash in the street.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.