Sharon Burton, the Mayor’s 7th District Roundtable liaison, is circulating a document towards putting together a 7th District Strategic Plan.
7th District Strategic Plan
After reading the posts on chpn.net, I decided to try to organize the many ideas into categories. As the Mayor’s 7th District Roundtable liaison, I am providing an opportunity for residents of North and South of Broad, Fulton, Union Hill, Creighton Court, Fairfield Court, South Mosby Court, Central Church Hill, Chimborazo, and other defined neighborhoods to “come together to learn to look at the district from one another’s point of view and come with a list of top priorities for the 7th district” (Just144ice, www.chpn.net, Nov. 14, 2006).
Listed below are broad headings that several of you suggested. Under each heading is a list of goals. This is just a beginning and there will be opportunities for you to add to or take away from this list.
I need your help to write strategies for each broad goal. The list below will be presented Monday, Nov. 20, 2006 at the 7th District Roundtable meeting. I hope you will attend and volunteer to work on committees that will see these ideas further developed and implemented.
The Mayor’s 7th District Roundtable Liaison
- Economic Development
- Public Safety & Health
- Human Services
- Zoning (Including Licensing of Landlords as suggested by Laura Dabbs)
- Code Enforcement
- Affordability – mixed income and Single Residential Occupancy (SRO)
- RRHA (Taskforce for Housing)
- Historic District Overlay
- Senior Housing (including assisted living)
- Community Development Corporations
- Unlocking the LOCK
- One definition is the value of goods and services produced in the area.
- Zoning and Parking Permits (Check with the Fan District, Cary Town, Hull Street business district, and Broad Street businesses to see how parking for businesses is addressed)
- Types of Businesses
- 25th Street Corridor
- Nine Mile Road Business Corridor
- Fulton Enterprise Zone and CARE
- K Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 8 Model for New Schools ( George Mason, Woodville, MLK)
- Montessori School in Fulton
- Transitioning after High School
- Use of Vacant Schools as Community Centers
- Old Armstrong Building as Vocational Training
- Adult Education
- Security and Discipline
- 12 Month Schools
- Charter and Vouchers
Public Safety & Health
- Crime Ã¢â‚¬â€œ increase ways to work with Law Enforcement
- Traffic Control
- Noise Control
- Alcohol and Cigarette Advertisements
- Parks and Recreation
download: 7th District Strategic Plan.doc