visit_church_hill

Rooming house burns at 23rd and R Streets

November 6, 2004 3:37 am by

On one of the first cold nights of this season, a fire in the basement of the rooming house at 1118 N 23rd Street has displaced an unknown number of residents.

One of the questions that we have is why this house is zoned as ‘512 Single Family 2 Story’ but can function openly as known rooming house. Everyone is lucky that this time wasn’t the disaster that it could’ve been if an unknown number of unknown people were trapped in a burning house.

Another concern is that this burned shell will be the third empty house on that particular block. In an area with existing crime issues, another vacant house is not a positive development.

87133052_a55a3ad831_b

87132892_2908a2d29b_b

87132836_eab1ff101b_b

87132775_d40559b965_b

87132540_1bd009378d_b

87132360_96c3df2600_b


TAGGED: , , ,

1 RESPONSES

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By commenting you are agreeing to this site's PRIVACY / USE / COPYRIGHT / DISCLAIMER