- Cadeho on Cedar Street (1980)
- Steve M on Robbery on Broad Street
- chpn on Community coat drive taking donations, will be distributed December 8
- vanyali on Community coat drive taking donations, will be distributed December 8
- JessOfRVA on Robbery on Broad Street
- joeanne on Hands Across Woodville (1986)
- Tim H on Robbery on Broad Street
- Kathleen Sanders on Robbery on Broad Street
Kitty Snow is trying use crowd-sourcing site Kickstarter to raise money to publish a book of her great-grandfather’s photos from a Richmond trolley line:
In 1888, before streetcars ran in San Francisco or New Orleans, Richmond, Virginia built the first successful electric streetcar system in America. Driving the streetcar was my great-grandfather’s job but his passion was photography and his camera rode by him on the streetcar route. I recently discovered nearly 3,000 photos and negatives that provide a rarely-seen visual record of life in the early 1900s.
I just need the financial means to complete the publishing process and that’s where Kickstarter comes in.
As of this post, she has 27 hours left to get the last $1,050. Can you help?