- Kathy Greenier on The Dog & Pig Show closed for August
- Jenny W. on Tires slashed, windshield smashed on Clay Street
- John M on Lillie A. Estes announces bid for mayor
- Mike on Lillie A. Estes announces bid for mayor
- June Ann Davenport on Kitty Snow’s “Up & Down Church Hill”
- Matt Hillian on Headstone missing at East End Cemetery
- Alex on Three recent incidents on 27th Street
- J. Doyle on Three recent incidents on 27th Street
There are coach training sessions coming up at the Family Resource Center on Jefferson Ave on September 20 and 21:
Girls For A Change is aimed at teaching middle and high school girls about social change and how to take action in their communities and is coordinated through our national partner Girls For A Change. As part of Girls For A Change, girls identify challenges in their communities, then, design and implement creative solutions to address them as a community team.
Each team is led by two women who serve as coaches by guiding and supporting the girls through the project.
This program provides the tools, resources, partnerships and support for these girls so they may develop their voice, as well as problem-solving abilities, and realize their full potential as active and productive citizens. We welcome and serve all girls, but focus our efforts on girls who live in low income communities.