- Jennifer on Leaf collection could start next week
- JB on Leaf collection could start next week
- Amber Skrzypek Palmer on Mark your calendar for the 2016 Church Hill Irish Festival
- Cynthia Tobin on Mark your calendar for the 2016 Church Hill Irish Festival
- mike on Leaf collection could start next week
- K on Leaf collection could start next week
- Bill Conkle on Mark your calendar for the 2016 Church Hill Irish Festival
- Liz on Three-day East End Festival bringing Richmond Symphony to Chimborazo Park
Richmond City Council and Mayor Dwight C. Jones invite all Richmond residents to join together in ringing bells at 2 p.m. on Independence Day, Thursday, July 4, 2013.
Resurrecting the 1963 call of President John F. Kennedy, the ringing of bells symbolize and celebrate our common heritage as citizens of the United States of America and honor those Americans who have sacrificed for the freedoms we all enjoy.
Marking the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy’s proclamation, this year represents the 237th Anniversary of the U.S. Congress’ adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, which we celebrate as our Independence Day holiday each year.
Richmond City Council and Mayor Jones would also like to thank the national No Greater Love organization for their work in helping to promote this action on behalf of all Americans.
All Richmond residents are invited and encouraged to participate through the ringing of community bells, hand bells, church bells, carillons, fire sirens, and/or using a bell ringing app from their smart phone.
TAGGED: Dwight Jones