- John M on Expect lane closures starting soon on Jefferson Avenue
- Elaine Odell on Expect lane closures starting soon on Jefferson Avenue
- Melissa on QUESTION: How does Church Hill fare during hurricanes?
- Walter Griggs on This was once the Twenty-Fifth Street Fish and Oyster Market
- Mr. Neal on Expect lane closures starting soon on Jefferson Avenue
- Lora Toothman on Robbery and arrest on Jefferson Avenue
- Stacie Birchett on Express tour of Better Housing Coalition’s work in Richmond
- Lamonte Williams on A short history of the Central Lunatic Asylum
The RTD has a long look at the situation around Buzzy’s rejected application for an SUP:
At a Richmond Planning Commission meeting Monday, Buffington urged commissioners to consider giving him the same opportunities other nearby restaurants have, such as a full kitchen and the ability to sell beer and wine.
Such restaurants as Hill Café and Anthony’s on the Hill — two businesses frequently mentioned during the meeting — are in commercially zoned areas and subject to fewer restrictions than Buzzy’s.
After comments from about a dozen residents — three supporting and at least eight opposing the permit amendments — the Planning Commission recommended denial of Buffington’s amended application.
The changes asked for by Bob Buffington will be up before City Council on Monday.