- garry on Missing this little dog?
- Bill Hartsock on New Chef de Cuisine, Monday-only pasta menu at Dutch & Company
- JessOfRVA on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Marian Charlies Angel Fields on Missing this little dog?
- Brian Colegrove on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Robbie Summey on A tribute to old Armstrong High
- WTM on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Vanyali on Are you missing an orange tabby?
The Richmond Police Department has made an arrest for Friday’s robbery at the Mari’s Minit-Mart in the 3400 block of Q Street and detectives believe the same person is responsible for last month’s robbery at the Night & Day Market.
Hours after the 12:15 p.m. robbery at the Minit-Mart, detectives released surveillance video of the incident to the media. Due to the many responses by the public, detectives were able to quickly identify the suspect seen in the video. Detectives were able to locate the suspect yesterday and make the arrest.
Police arrested David L. Reed, 27, of the 1600 block of North 30th Street and charged him with robbery. His photo is attached.
Reed has also been charged for the January 21 robbery of the Night & Day Market at 2829 Q Street. Reed faces other charges, as well.
“This is an excellent example of our community working with us to solve crime and possibly prevent other robberies,” First Precinct Sergeant Ethan Rhodenizer said. “I also thank our media partners for broadcasting these surveillance images and helping the public and Department succeed in our mission for a safer city.”
The investigation continues. Detectives are still attempting to identify the other two individuals believed responsible for the Minit-Mart robbery, and are also still investigating whether these suspects are responsible for other crimes in the area recently.
Anyone who has any information about this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 780-1000. Citizens can also text Crime Stoppers at 274637, using the key word “ITip” followed by your tip. Both Crime Stoppers methods are anonymous.