- Lee on Rebuilding an entire block of Venable Street
- Drew on Rebuilding an entire block of Venable Street
- joey stanza on Rebuilding an entire block of Venable Street
- chpn on Meetings announced for community conversation on Lumpkin’s Jail memorial
- MzNicole Mason on Community steps up to support Raheim Watson
- Eric S. Huffstutler on QUESTION: How does Church Hill fare during hurricanes?
- Cameron Holmes on Rebuilding an entire block of Venable Street
- John M on Expect lane closures starting soon on Jefferson Avenue
Dear CHA members and neighbors,
At the recent Jan.15th meeting of the CHA, a Membership Committee was formed to draft written guidelines for future Church Hill Christmas House Tours. This has been prompted by numerous concerns of the inclusion in this year’s Historic Church Hill House Tour of properties that were for rent, unoccupied and undecorated. See the attached minutes of the meeting in this newsletter for more background.
The House Tour is a large part of the fundraising efforts of the CHA which enables our Association to continue to invest in many good causes within our community. This event invites all of Richmond, Virginia and beyond to our unique and wonderful neighborhood.
… The purpose of these guidelines is to allow the membership to decide how they wish to direct the future make-up of the House Tour. The aim is to document and maintain the quality of our tour and its almost fifty year history.
I agreed to head up this effort with the assistance of a number of Church Hill neighbors. We would like to have a draft of the guidelines placed in the April Newsletter for comment, review and suggestions by the neighborhood for an eventual vote by the members of the Church Hill Association.
This is YOUR neighborhood, OUR neighborhood! You and your input are important to the process and to the end result. The more input we can gather, the stronger the end result will be. If you would like to participate in the committee’s deliberations please contact me asap. Also please e-mail me with any suggestions, comments or ideas you would like to share with the committee; be sure to include your full name and email address as your ideas will be shared and credited appropriately.
All interested persons will be meeting on Monday, February 25, 7:00pm in St. John’s Church Parish Hall.
Thank you in advance.