- chpn on National Night Out events in the East End (UPDATED)
- chpn on Less than 50 days until the World Road Cycling Championships
- chpn on New principal named at MLK Middle School
- Chimbo on Less than 50 days until the World Road Cycling Championships
- Jereme Yoho on Blackbird Salon coming to 25th Street this fall
- Kathleen Sanders on Bicycle and running trails in the East End (UPDATED)
- Cadeho on A new house for Broad Street?
- Anne on Did you grab this bookshelf?
Earlier version of the city’s list of vacant houses were used to power Vacant Richmond before they went off the air. Richmond Slumlord Watch gave a look into who owned some of the vacants around the city while it was up and running. The topic has been enough of an issue that we even have a tag for “vacant” to help tie together all of the stories that have come up. It was a story about a vacant house that originally put CHPN on a lot of folks’ radar.
While there are vacants in much of the city, there are noticeably higher densities of vacant houses in North Highland Park, a band across Fairmount/Church Hill North, and Southside east of Jeff Davis Highway. A mapping of the owners of the vacant houses gives a more evenly distributed picture across the entire metro region (with a surprising number of out-of-state owners). Also, a large number of the vacant house listings provide the address of the vacant house as the address of the owner.
Vacant Houses in Richmond, VA (January 2013) [VIEW LARGER]
Owners of Vacant Houses in Richmond, VA (January 2013) [VIEW LARGER]