- Robbie Summey on Demolition on 26th
- JB on THE WAY BACK MACHINE
- Robbie Summey on Wildcats suffer 3rd straight shutout
- Barbie Nikkie on Alicia Rasin has passed
- Atoya Whoaskinboutme Jenkins on Alicia Rasin has passed
- crd on Alicia Rasin has passed
- resident on Local man arrested in string of Henrico burglaries
- dontmincewords on Man approaches woman, offers $500 for “special attention”
Earlier version of the city’s list of vacant houses were used to power Vacant Richmond before they went off the air. Richmond Slumlord Watch gave a look into who owned some of the vacants around the city while it was up and running. The topic has been enough of an issue that we even have a tag for “vacant” to help tie together all of the stories that have come up. It was a story about a vacant house that originally put CHPN on a lot of folks’ radar.
While there are vacants in much of the city, there are noticeably higher densities of vacant houses in North Highland Park, a band across Fairmount/Church Hill North, and Southside east of Jeff Davis Highway. A mapping of the owners of the vacant houses gives a more evenly distributed picture across the entire metro region (with a surprising number of out-of-state owners). Also, a large number of the vacant house listings provide the address of the vacant house as the address of the owner.
Vacant Houses in Richmond, VA (January 2013) [VIEW LARGER]
Owners of Vacant Houses in Richmond, VA (January 2013) [VIEW LARGER]