- Jaron Clay on The Overlook at ChildSavers is a new event space in the neighborhood
- Kitty Snow on Today is the 90th anniversary of the Church Hill Tunnel collapse
- Etienne LaVallee on Today is the 90th anniversary of the Church Hill Tunnel collapse
- Kathleen Sanders on Can you help clean-up the area bike and running trails this Saturday?
- Karen Smith on Can you help clean-up the area bike and running trails this Saturday?
- chpn on Rebuilding an entire block of Venable Street
- Queen of Church Hill on The Overlook at ChildSavers is a new event space in the neighborhood
- Kathleen Sanders on Bicycle and running trails in the East End (UPDATED)
The 2013 Virginia People’s Assembly will be at Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church on Saturday, January 5, 2013:
Join us for the 5th Annual Virginia People’s Assembly, uniting under the theme “Jobs, Peace, Justice!”
For the fifth year in a row, union members, community activists, prisoner advocates, immigrants, students, women, antiwar organizers, veterans, members of the Occupy Wall Street movement and the LBGTQ community from across Virginia will gather together in Richmond on the Saturday before the opening session of the Virginia General Assembly. We will network, educate each other about our different struggles, build alliances in the fight for social change in our communities and further the movement to create a society that is truly “of, by and for the people!”
For more information, including the list of endorsers and the workshops, networking sessions and panel discussions scheduled to date, visit the 2013 VPA blog (http://vpa2013.blogspot.com).
TAGGED: calendar, Mechanicsville Turnpike, Virginia People's Assembly, Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church