- Scott on Community Meeting set to discuss alternative Shockoe plan
- Scott on MLK Middle School awarded LEED Silver certification
- Eric S. Huffstutler on 307 North 21st Street facing demolition
- Eric S. Huffstutler on Church Hill is “The Brooklyn of Virginia”
- Liz on Community Meeting set to discuss alternative Shockoe plan
- Trish on Playground Discussion this evening at Chimborazo Playground
- Michael T. on Church Hill is “The Brooklyn of Virginia”
- Gordo on Playground Discussion this evening at Chimborazo Playground
The current issue of Style Weekly takes a look at the recent openings of Proper Pie & WPA Bakery, and the coming of Sub Rosa Bakery:
Church Hill is a magnet for food excellence these days, with three new businesses opening in the same month and others on the way. In addition to Sub Rosa Wood Fired Bakery, now quartered at 620 N. 25th St., customers are flocking to WPA Bakery and Proper Pie Co. for baked items that span the ages and the continents. All three long-awaited openings managed to intersect in November — just in time for holiday stuffing.
Sub Rosa is expected to open the week after Thanksgiving.