- Katherine Jester on Any of y’all seen a bear?
- John M on Fairmount traffic circle appears to be on track
- Brandon on Fairmount traffic circle appears to be on track
- Aud on New sign at East End Cemetery
- Eric S. Huffstutler on Dead man on 26th Street
- dontmincewords on City moving forward on Jefferson Park Fountain
- KFO on Church Hill flags for sale
- Eric S. Huffstutler on New sign at East End Cemetery
The students at Woodville Elementary were honored with the Spirit of Giving Award as part of National Philanthropy Day 2012:
The winner of this year’s “Spirit of Giving” award on National Philanthropy Day were the students of Woodville Elementary School, in Richmond, Virgina.
Fourth and fifth graders in the National Honor Society learned about a rural village in Tanzania in need of textbooks for their school. They created the “Tanzania Project” and proceeded to educate their fellow students. Contributions from the student body raised enough funds to purchase 350 textbooks for students in the village of Mwitkira, Tanzania.
The students and their teachers were honored November 13th, 2012 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.