- spacecat on “He is super tiny and loves pineapple”
- Lee on Car vs porch
- IrishUrbanChick on Let’s make a visitor’s guide to the area
- crd on Chimborazo Park needs some love
- Aaron K on Chimborazo Park needs some love
- Chimbo on “He is super tiny and loves pineapple”
- Catherine Illian on Proposed North 29th Bike-Walk Street would provide safe north/south corridor
- Max Hepp-Buchanan on Proposed North 29th Bike-Walk Street would provide safe north/south corridor
The students at Woodville Elementary were honored with the Spirit of Giving Award as part of National Philanthropy Day 2012:
The winner of this year’s “Spirit of Giving” award on National Philanthropy Day were the students of Woodville Elementary School, in Richmond, Virgina.
Fourth and fifth graders in the National Honor Society learned about a rural village in Tanzania in need of textbooks for their school. They created the “Tanzania Project” and proceeded to educate their fellow students. Contributions from the student body raised enough funds to purchase 350 textbooks for students in the village of Mwitkira, Tanzania.
The students and their teachers were honored November 13th, 2012 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.