- Citydweller on QUESTION: Two neighbors disagree about a tree in a tree well
- Dan Rooney on QUESTION: Two neighbors disagree about a tree in a tree well
- Marneytoe on Can you pledge to Scoop the Poop? (“Everybody’s doo’n it!”)
- Bill 3 on East Grace Street House Concert Series kicks off summer with Curtis McMurtry
- Church Hill People’s News on City pools open in mid-June
- Erik Grotz on City pools open in mid-June
- dontmincewords on Shots in the night?
- Laska on Shots in the night?
The students at Woodville Elementary were honored with the Spirit of Giving Award as part of National Philanthropy Day 2012:
The winner of this year’s “Spirit of Giving” award on National Philanthropy Day were the students of Woodville Elementary School, in Richmond, Virgina.
Fourth and fifth graders in the National Honor Society learned about a rural village in Tanzania in need of textbooks for their school. They created the “Tanzania Project” and proceeded to educate their fellow students. Contributions from the student body raised enough funds to purchase 350 textbooks for students in the village of Mwitkira, Tanzania.
The students and their teachers were honored November 13th, 2012 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center.