The five million gallon ground storage tank in Church Hill at 714 N. 30th Street between 29th, 30th, M and N streets, is being replaced. The tank is used to provide processed drinking water to customers in the east part of town.
The existing tank was built in 1954 and has reached the end of its useful life. The project involves building a new tank, putting it in service, and then demolishing the old tank. The new tank will be south of the existing tank behind the Church Hill Pump Station building. Construction should begin in April and take until May 2014.