- Deanna on Take a second to help get the backboard fixed
- :) on Street closure, parking restrictions during RVA East End Festival
- John M on New late night menu, Mother’s Day Brunch at Patrick Henry Pub
- Brian Colegrove on Have you seen Denver the cat?
- dubois2 on Grotty exercise equipment in Jefferson Park to be replaced this week
- dubois2 on New Little Free Library on Chimborazo
- Melissa on Recommend a roofer and/or painting contractor?
- 35th ST on Recommend a roofer and/or painting contractor?
Over the previous 5 years, during which the area has averaged 12 killings per year, the East End has seen on average just over 5 killings by this date. 2011 was the best of recent years, with only 2 killings by June 9 — though the year ended the year with 13 killings. In 1994, 19 people had been killed in the East End by this date — almost 1 per week.