- Dave on Farmers Market coming to Chimborazo in April
- crd on New cobbles for 23rd Street hill
- Cadeho on New cobbles for 23rd Street hill
- Lee on 2500 East Grace Street (1968)
- Lee on New cobbles for 23rd Street hill
- crd on Facelift
- Church hillian on Farmers Market coming to Chimborazo in April
- Bill Hartsock on New cobbles for 23rd Street hill
The City of Richmond is making available $500/$1000 Love Your Block mini-grants (in Home Depot gift cards) to neighborhood groups to purchase the supplies needed for their local project and will coordinate city services to support the effort.
LYB grants of up to $1,000 encourage community groups to identify priority projects and develop volunteer-fueled solutions in the following ways:
- Improve citizen perception of safety, with improved lighting, landscaping etc.
- Reduce Crime Incidents and other gang/drug related vandalism; with graffiti removal, and community garden initiatives.
- Reduce trash through street cleanups/increase recycling.
- Increase street safety by filling potholes, clearing overgrown lots, removing abandoned cars.
The application deadline is April 21, 2012. Contact Jennifer Swinson at Jennifer.Swinson@Richmondgov.com or (804)646-6612 for more information.
DOWNLOAD: Love Your Block APPLICATION (.PDF)
TAGGED: Love Your Block