by John M
Some call this house at 3017 Williamsburg Road “Richmond’s oldest frame house” (an honor also given to the Patteson~Schutte House at 5600 Westower Drive). True or not, it is undeniably the last house standing from the Port of Rocketts and listed on the National Register of Historic Places (PDF):
Want to own an important piece of Richmond history? President Lincoln walked past this house on his way to the Confederate White House the day after Richmond fell in April 1865. Today, it is the last survivor of Richmond’s Port of Rocketts. Picturesquely situated on 2 acres near Rocketts Landing, Captain Woodward’s house is zoned M-2, which allows for office/residential/commercial use. Please share with anyone looking for a rare opportunity to own a private oasis in downtown Richmond, just minutes from the airport and interstate.