- Brian Colegrove on Missing an orange cat?
- CHResident on The Libby Terrace Fairy Village
- tiny on Car vs pedestrian
- chpn on East Grace Street House Concert Series kicks off summer with Curtis McMurtry
- Bill 3 on The Libby Terrace Fairy Village
- Tess Shebaylo on Can you help with the rose garden at Chimborazo Park?
- Elaine Odell on Car vs pedestrian
- Lee on Car vs pedestrian
History Replays Today has a great history of the Fulton Gas Works:
The City of Richmond adopted an ordinance on Nov. 29, 1848 that created the “Committee on Light”, “to have constructed suitable works for the manufacture and distribution of carbureted hydrogen gas from bituminous coal for the purpose of illumination through the streets, lanes, and alleys of the city”.2 The committee purchased two lots on Cary St between 15th and 16th St (the block containing Buffalo Wild Wings and the parking lot for among other things, Frame Nation) as the sight of the gas works. Operations began on the site in 1851 with 627 private users which increased to 937 in the second year, out growing the plant in only two years.2 Being in the heart of the city there was no room for expansion so the Committee recommended the purchase or the current site of Fulton Gas Works closer to Rockets Landing in the Fulton neighborhood where there was room to expand. The land was purchased in 1853, construction began immediately, and Fulton Gas Works took over manufactured gas production for the city on October 5, 1856.2