- garry on Missing this little dog?
- Bill Hartsock on New Chef de Cuisine, Monday-only pasta menu at Dutch & Company
- JessOfRVA on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Marian Charlies Angel Fields on Missing this little dog?
- Brian Colegrove on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Robbie Summey on A tribute to old Armstrong High
- WTM on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Vanyali on Are you missing an orange tabby?
Richmond Police arrested Jamal Clemons today, Monday December 26th, in the 2800 block of Bethel Street in Whitcomb for the fatal double shooting and kidnapping on the 800 block of 35th Street early Christmas Eve evening. Clemons shot two people to death and then took off in a vehicle that had been left running outside, an SUV with 2-year-old Kaiden Burnside inside. The SUV was found later than evening with Kaiden inside, unharmed, near the Sir Moses Montefiore Cemetery in Fulton.
The two victims of the shooting were Edward Lee Bowmer Jr., 60, and Robin Sheryl Clapp, 56. Bowmer lived at a residence on North 35th Street. Clapp lived in the 7000 block of Brooks Hollow Parkway in Mechanicsville. Neither of the homicide victims is related to Kaiden Burnside.
These are the 12th and 13th killings in the East End in 2011. There have now been 37 total in Richmond this year. Last year there were 14 and 41, respectively. If there are no more killings this year, 2011 will be Richmond’s 2nd least deadly year since 1964 (bested only by 2008’s 32 killings), and likely the East End’s 3rd best year in the same time frame (bested by 2008’s 11 homicides and 2009’s 9 killings).
Updated Dec.26, 2011 5:28PM
TAGGED: 35th Street, Bethel Street, Chimborazo, crime, Edward Lee Bowmer Jr., Jamal Louis Clemons, Jennie Scher Road, Kaiden Burnside, Robin Mines, Robin Sheryl Clapp, Whitcomb