- Emily Klinedinst on This abondoned cat needs a good home
- Cheryl Holmes on This abondoned cat needs a good home
- CH Animal Lover on This abondoned cat needs a good home
- Katherine Jester on This abondoned cat needs a good home
- Charles Thompson on Confederate Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument tagged overnight
- Karen Smith on This abondoned cat needs a good home
- John M on Anybody want to start a Brookland Park community blog?
- Sarah Hunt Clair on This abondoned cat needs a good home
Andre Vaughan, 47, of the 1500 block of North 21st Street is charged with manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol after striking a pedestrian on North 8th Street who later died of his injuries.
According to the Richmond Police Crash Team investigation, Bruce Lee Carter, 47, of Richmond was walking in the 400 block of North 8th Street around 2:15 a.m. when he was hit by a 2006 Mercury Milan. The driver of the Mercury Milan left the scene of the accident in the vehicle. Carter, who was found lying in the roadway, was taken to VCU Medical Center, where he died.
About 30 minutes after the accident, officers patrolling the Shockoe Bottom area observed a Mercury Milan with front-end damage traveling in the 1800 block of East Cary Street. The officers, alerted to the accident in which Carter was struck, quickly initiated a traffic stop to question the driver, identified as Andre U. Vaughan.