- JessOfRVA on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Marian Charlies Angel Fields on Missing this little dog?
- Brian Colegrove on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Robbie Summey on A tribute to old Armstrong High
- WTM on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Vanyali on Are you missing an orange tabby?
- Kathleen Sanders on New Chef de Cuisine, Monday-only pasta menu at Dutch & Company
- Silvio on New Chef de Cuisine, Monday-only pasta menu at Dutch & Company
Andre Vaughan, 47, of the 1500 block of North 21st Street is charged with manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol after striking a pedestrian on North 8th Street who later died of his injuries.
According to the Richmond Police Crash Team investigation, Bruce Lee Carter, 47, of Richmond was walking in the 400 block of North 8th Street around 2:15 a.m. when he was hit by a 2006 Mercury Milan. The driver of the Mercury Milan left the scene of the accident in the vehicle. Carter, who was found lying in the roadway, was taken to VCU Medical Center, where he died.
About 30 minutes after the accident, officers patrolling the Shockoe Bottom area observed a Mercury Milan with front-end damage traveling in the 1800 block of East Cary Street. The officers, alerted to the accident in which Carter was struck, quickly initiated a traffic stop to question the driver, identified as Andre U. Vaughan.