- chpn on Local man arrested in string of Henrico burglaries
- rita on Burglary on 26th Street
- K on Massive parcel on 25th Street changes hands, includes post office building
- Jeb Wash on Massive parcel on 25th Street changes hands, includes post office building
- Joshua Cooley on Massive parcel on 25th Street changes hands, includes post office building
- Christian B on Main Street bridge replacement meeting next Thursday
- crd on Post Office
- David on Post Office
Farm to Family is a mobile micro farmers market that was converted from a 1987 international school bus. Our mission is to reach those who want fresh quality produce and locally produced commodities who might not otherwise have the means to do so. We do not discriminate between neighborhoods rich or poor, we come to you!
The bus set up in the old Sunny Market on 25th Street this afternoon for a few hours, and then moved on to the regular stops at 25th/Broad and the NRC in Fulton. I stopped by for some butter and discovered that the BBC was there, travelling with the bus today — a neat overlap overlap of the world’s smallest and largest media.
The bus was stocked with a mix of fresh seasonal vegetables, prepared items such as apple butter and pies, and dairy products like cheese, butter, and yogurt. The fresh veggies change through the seasons; the dairy items are regularly available:
We are moving into our winter season so items will be changing. […]
- Local honey from lakeside, good for allergies!
- Wade’s mill baking mixes
- Eve’s caramel coated apples (dipped in oreo,reeses or nuts)
- Farm-fresh local produce from hanover county
- Winter squash-acorn,spaghetti, butternut
- homemade pies and breads
- apples, peach cider
- potatoes and onions
- southernmost maple syrup and products
- apple butter, Puffs BBQ sauce
- Polyface eggs, meats-chicken, beef and pork
Have some fun on the magic vegi bus! Tell a neighbor a friend and bring the kids! We’ll also have our live baby rabbit, Daisy, on display! YAY Fun!