- Another neighbor on Reminder: Lock you car doors
- dontmincewords on Have you seen Atticus?
- Matt Conrad on “Sustainability with Style” for Jefferson Avenue
- 27th on Reminder: Lock you car doors
- Joshua Eckhardt on Tricyle
- Julie Oliver on Reminder: Lock you car doors
- WarGibFA on Reminder: Lock you car doors
- K on Reminder: Lock you car doors
The Library of Virginia offers for sale a beautiful print of a 1923 map from the Department of Public Works called Map showing territorial growth of Richmond. The hand-drawn map shows the 9 separate annexations that occurred after Richmond was incorporated in 1742 and before 1923.
In looking at the larger version, I see that Pink Street at Carrington is labeled as Pike Street. Cedar Street is still Pleasants, too – anybody know when/why that was changed? Government Road is called National Cemetery Road, Jennie Scher is Old Mill Road, Fairmount is still S Street, and Union Hill has a Pickett Street.