- Ryan Herndon on Missing this little guy?
- Marian corbett on Missing a shaved cat?
- Chase Guerrant on Tricycle Gardens taking orders for bulk tomato boxes
- crd on Ceremony for restored section of 23rd Street
- L on Help Wanted @ Chimbo Mart
- Bill Hutchins on Ceremony for restored section of 23rd Street
- WarGibFA on Ceremony for restored section of 23rd Street
- Melinda on Ceremony for restored section of 23rd Street
Two events brought people out to celebrate the holiday season.
Vice Mayor Delores L. McQuinn’s 5th Annual Grand Illumination celebrated the illumination of the seasonal lights at the EDI building at 25th and M Streets. 25th was blocked off the north to make room for children’s rides and food vendors. There were performances by trombonists from the United House of Prayer for All People, among others, on a stage set-up by the main entrance. The all-ages crowd was treated to a visit by a black Santa.
12th Annual Parade of Lights
The 12th Annual Parade of Lights brought families and neighbors to Libby Hill at dusk. A great view, a bonfire and hot apple cider, along with recorded seasonal music created a friendly atmosphere.