National Night Out, the biggest city-wide party of the year, is set for this Tuesday, August 2, 2016. The event brings police and neighbors together at events across the community in support of crime prevention during an evening full of fun for all ages.
There are a number of events scheduled across the East End:
- A main East End event will be taking place from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM at the recently landscaped block at 26th and Nine Mile. Organized by New Visions Civic League, Church Hill Central, Mosby Tenant Council, Unity Civic Association, Robinson Theater, Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital, and Councilperson Newbille, the gathering will feature music, food, fun, and education.
- Carlisle Ave Baptist Church 2010 Carlisle Ave 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Greater Richmond Rentals NW – Wynwood Charter 1267 Nelson St 6-8 p.m
- The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club 3701 “R” St 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- St. John’s Episcopal Church young Adult Group 2319 E Broad St 6 – 8 p.m.
- Summer Academics Club 4401 Hobbs Lane (Mt. Calvary Baptist Church) 6:30-8 p.m.
- Oliver Crossing 1329 Coalter St 5 – 7 p.m.
- Creighton Court 2101 Creighton Road 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Fairfield Baptist Church 1500 Mechanicsville Turnpike 6-9 p.m.