Great office space located in downtown Richmond in the heart of historic Union Hill near the 17th St. Farmers Market, Shockoe Slip, Tobacco Row, and the Church Hill neighborhood. The building was built in 1926 and for many years served as a neighborhood grocery store downstairs and a residence up stairs. In the 1950’s the 770 sq. ft. down stairs was a High’s Ice cream store. The 770 sq. ft. upstairs remained residential.
Zoned for “mixed use”, the building can be used entirely for business or for a business downstairs with a residency or apartment upstairs.
The city’s guide to zoning (PDF) says that permitted uses include:
- Day nurseries;
- Adult day care facilities;
- Tourist homes situated on federal highways.
- Art galleries, including custom framing;
- Barber shops & beauty, manicure, spa and tanning salons;
- Grocery, convenience, food and beverage stores, including bakeries;
- Laundromats and laundry and dry cleaning pick-up stations;
- Restaurants, cafes, delis, ice cream parlors and similar food and beverage service establishments, including catering in conjunction therewith, and excluding live entertainment;
- Video rental stores.