To whomever gets elected tomorrow to serve as our new City Council representative, our 2 representatives in the House of Delegate, State Senator, School Board representative, et al: here are some suggestions…
- I would like to see elected officials that can communicate with the public. Open up a direct channel of communication with your constituents.
- Email is cheap and quick, take advantage of that.
- Start a blog, post something once a week describing what’s going on.
- Let us know about meetings before they happen.
- Let us know about things that you are going to vote on before they come up.
- Show up at public meetings *after* you’re elected. If we only see you on National Night Out, you’re not doing it right.
That’s my piece. Anybody else want to add something?
(&if you’re a candidate, please don’t chime in that you’ll do all of these things, just pay attention please)